Spring is the perfect season to start enjoying picnics. Here are 50 amazing picnic locations but tons of recipe and accessories too
It’s safe to say that Spring has finally awoken and thank goodness it has. That, honestly, felt like the longest Winter ever. As the cold weather slowly disappears we are left with some wet and windy days accompanied by other days filled with glorious sunshine. The perfect picnic season is upon us and we may as well make the most of it. Below you’ll find a huge list of picnic accessories, recipes and, of course, the best picnic spots across the U.K.
Picnics are the perfect way to spend the day with family. Enjoying walks in nature and even some games? They are also a great idea for dates as they’re super romantic. Leaving plenty of room for chatting and laughing. Plus who doesn’t love picnic food? Let’s get to planning the best picnics for Spring 2023.
Best Picnic Accessories
No picnic would be complete without some cute but useful accessories. Whether it’s a basket to carry your delicious treats or a blanket to sit on when you get there. Below you’ll find a selection of great picnic accessories for your perfect picnic.
The first thing that is a must is a practical but adorable picnic basket. This oval-shaped number from display4top on Amazon is exactly what you need. Plenty of space inside, a double folding handle and the double flap lid feature. It also comes with gorgeous gingham liners too. This is currently £24.99 so not too expensive but will last you years if the price seems a little steep for you personally.
Then you’re going to need a picnic blanket and this is a must. You don’t want to share your picnic with too many critters that weren’t invited. This huge picnic blanket from Hustung on Amazon is only £17.99 and look how amazing it is. It measures 300cm x 270cm and is quick drying too! The perfect picnic essential that can fit the whole family.
Moving onto tableware or is it picnicware? We are talking plates, cups, cutlery and more. This 60-piece set from Berrylion on Amazon is incredible value for money. Working out as a set for 6 people it includes plates, bowls, cups, 12 fruit forks and 6 cutlery sets. The cutlery sets include a knife, fork, spoon and chopsticks and these have cases of their own too. That’s not to mention the stunning designs and pastel colours. These are also available in a set of 48 pieces for 4 people.
5 Easy Picnic Recipes
Sometimes you want to push the boat out a little further for your picnic. This very well could be the case if it’s located in some of the best picnic spots around. Check out these 5 easy but a little bit extra picnic recipes below. I mean who can resist a delicious fairy cake or finger sandwich at a picnic?
- Pasta Salad Bar – Cook the Pasta and add a seasoned mayo base. Then use small tubs to add a small selection of toppings to mix in. Then everyone can have pasta the way they like it.
- Homemade Coleslaw – Dice an onion and a white cabbage. Grate a carrot. Add a small squirt of Salad cream and then a decent blob of mayo. Season and mix well.
- Nearly Homemade Sausage Rolls – If you have the patience and talent to make your own pastry then by all means do. If not buy the premade rolls. Cut your raw sausages in half and cut your pastry to fit the sausage. Two rectangles per sausage. Encase and bake and you’re done.
- Sliced meats and cheeses. A super easy choice that looks great spread on a plate but takes little effort if you buy it presliced.
- Homemade Peach Ice Tea – Add 12 peaches, 4 pints of water and 800g of sugar in a large pot. Bring it to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Sieve the mixture to separate the pulp from the syrup. Make a batch of tea and allow it to go cold then simply add your peach syrup until you have your desired flavour. You can partly freeze this before your picnic if you want it to still be ice cold.
Best Picnic Spots Across the U.K & Ireland
Now we have our accessories and games and the food is ready to go! Let’s pick one of the best picnic locations around shall we. Below you will find a list of the best picnic spots all over the U.K for all your picnicking needs.
- Princess Street Gardens, Edinburgh
- Loch Lubnaig, Callandar Stirlingshire
- Crinan, Argyll
- Pitmedden Gardens, Ellon
- Sweetheart Abbey, New Abbey
- Snowdonia, Penrhyndeudraeth
- Montgomery canal nature trail, Welshpool
- The Groe, Builth Wells
- Ystrad Wood, Johnstown
- Fortunes Frolic, Haverfordwest
- Claudy Country Park, Claudy
- Manorhamilton Castle, Manorhamilton
- Derryounce Lakes and Walkways, Offaly
- Whortle Walk, Waterford
- Killarney National Park, Killarney
North England –
- Herrington Country Park, New Herrington
- Tyne Green Country Park, Hexham
- Crook Beck, Swainby
- Hardwick Country Park, County Durham
- Reddish Vale Country Park, Tame Valley
Central England –
- Stock Ghyll Force, Ambleside
- Paddy Freeman’s Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Woodlands Park, Doncaster
- Woodland Walk, Stoke Bruerne
- Scudamore’s Mill Lane, Cambridge
East England –
- Eaton Park, Norwich
- Needham Lake, Ipswich
- Marshalls Park, Braintree
- Dane John Gardens, Canterbury
- Dunorlan Park, Royal Tunbridge Wells
South England –
- Fernworthy Forest, Dartmoor
- Corfe Castle, South Dorset
- Holly Hill, Fareham
- Queen’s Park, Bournemouth
- Hamworthy Park, Poole
West England –
- Hendra Park, Truro
- Morrab Gardens, Penzance
- Basset’s Cove, Camborne
- Jennycliff, Plymouth
- Torrington Commons, Great Torrington
Best Beach Picnic Spots
- Weymouth Beach
- Bournemouth Beach
- Brighton Beach
- BarfundleBay Beach
- Llanbedrog Beach
- Maidencombe Beach
- Sea Palling Beach
- Berrow Beach
- Alum Bay Pebble Beach
There you have it my lovelies. A huge list of 50 locations all over the U.K that are picture perfect for a Spring picnic. Inlcuding a few beaches for those who love to be by the sea. Does your family love picnics? What are there favourite picnic spot? Do you have a spot you like to frequent? Let us know in the comments below your fave spot or your fave recipe you always make? Maybe you have a must-have game reccomendation you want to share?
Thank you so much for stopping by today I really appreciate it.
Lots of Love,