Autumn is such an amazing time of the year. If you love it or even if you don’t this post will have you wishing for Autumn everyday
Autumn! A favourite season for many of us and for many very good reasons too. The world becomes a little darker sooner. A little colder and with that comes the cosiest part of our year. That time of the year when we get to be both extra social with holidays and events. Whilst also snuggling ourselves away where it’s warm and dry from the outside world. But what is the perfect Autumn day?
There are so many ways to enjoy a great day in this season of transition and harvest so let’s share some easy but great ways to make the most of your Autumn this year. It won’t be long before Winter is here after all.
Autumn Breakfast Ideas
The best Autumn breakfast that you can enjoy is a good old bowl of porridge/oatmeal for so many reasons. It’s a very cheap breakfast option that has slow-release energy to help you stay fuller for longer. It is warm and will help you stay warmer during the coldest part of your day. There are so many ways to enjoy it meaning it never needs to be boring. Here are 5 different porridge serving ideas to keep the whole family happy.
- Banana and Cinnamon Porridge
- Raspberries and white choc chip
- Stewed Spiced Apple
- Pear and Peach
- Spiced Pumpkin, stewed apple and roasted pumpkin seeds
The top tips for great porridge are to slow cook it overnight in a slow cooker and milk over water. This way the whole family can wake up to a warm but delicious breakfast. The milk tip can be a milk alternative but if you want really creamy and delightful porridge then ‘milk’ over water is needed. You can also use a 50/50 mixture of water and milk.
Walks For The Perfect Autumn Day
After your delicious Autumn inspired breakfast why not get out and enjoy some of the views Autumn has to offer. Of course, enjoying a day in nature isn’t difficult for most of the UK as most of us have somewhere green we are able to enjoy. There are also lots of locations such as National Trust locations that are made to be stunning during the Autumn months. Where the trees are set ablaze and are simply breathtaking. Why not see if these popular locations are near enough for you to enjoy.
- Stourhead – South Wiltshire
- Dudmaston Estate – Shropshire
- Borrowdale and Derwent Water – Cumbria
- Dunstable Downs – Bedfordshire
- Emmett’s Garden – Kent
Be sure to check out the National Trust website for opening times, ticket prices and addresses and any other information you may need. Including different locations across the UK.
Flower Picks for Floral Arranging
You’ve enjoyed your breakfast, and you’ve refreshed your soul with some Autumn, nature connections. Now it’s time to bring nature into your home decor with a little floral arrangement. Here are 5 perfect floral pairings for a beautiful Autumn bouquet. A great way to both relax and enjoy the Autumn season. Add two choices of ‘greenery’ and any of the combinations below for the perfect floral arrangement.
- Poppies and Daisies
- Sunflowers and Red Roses
- Holly Hock and Crysanthemum
- Orange Rose and Orange Lilly
- Gypsophila and any orange or yellow flower
The Perfect Autumn Day Means Lighting A Candle
You’ve placed your Autumn inspired floral display in your favourite room. Now is the perfect time to light a candle and get the kettle on. If you’ve seen our other Autumn posts then you may have already seen some great Autumn candle choices. However, here are five more amazing choices because can you really ever have too many?
- Snow Fairy Candle – LUSH £12
- Christmas by The Fire Jar Candle – Pacific Wax Co from Asda George £3
- Sugared Blossom Jar Candle – Yankee Candle from B&Q £3.50
- Spiced Orange Jar Candle – Yankee Candle from Candles Direct £6.99
- Apple Cosy Cider – Glade from varying Supermarkets, shops and online £3 (average)
The Perfect Autumn Day Lunch Ideas
It’s a cold wet day. The wind is howling and you’re wanting something warm but filling for lunch. Soup is your Autumn lunch of dreams. With so many incredible combinations to enjoy from seasonal vegetables at this time of year. It’s time to invest in a good food flask that’s for sure. Here are 5 amazing Autumnal soup recipe ideas for you to enjoy on your fabulous fall-inspired day.
- Spiced Pumpkin and Parsnip
- Roasted Root Vegetable
- Spicy Red Bell Pepper
- Mushroom and Wild Rice
- Chicken Noodle
Autumn Indoor Activities Around the UK
You’ve eaten your warming and healthy lunch and you’re ready for an afternoon activity. Sometimes when the weather is bad you still want to get out so it’s always good to have a few options available. Below you’ll find 10 great activities from around the UK. However, you can also use Google to see if there is anything similar near you.
- Museum and Art Gallery – Bristol
- Natural History Museum – London
- Treetop Adventure Golf – Birmingham
- Cawdor Castle – Nairn, Scotland
- The Roman Baths – Bath
- Imax Cinema – Various Locations
- Ski and Snowboard Centre – Gloucester
- The Eden Project – Cornwall
- Roald Dahl Museum – Buckinghamshire
- Cheddar Gorge – Somerset
Autumn Crafts for The Whole Family
After your fun afternoon activity what better idea than an indoor craft in the warm and dry? Below are 5 great Autumn-inspired craft ideas for the whole family. Whether it’s a cute craft for tiny toddlers or cute DIY home decor crafts. There is something for everyone on the list.
- A Plate of Autumn – Home Decor Craft
- Salt Dough Coasters – Home Decor Craft
- Spice Apple Crumble Pie Cakes – Baking
- Apple Print Pumpkins – Children’s Crafts
- Fresh Gingerbread – Baking
Autumn Dinner Ideas
You’re starting to wind down on the perfect Autumn day and starting with dinner seems the best place. Below you will find 5 Autumn-inspired Pasta dishes. These are not only delicious but quick and easy so you can get snuggled up and cosy quicker.
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Tomato, Garlic and Spinach Pasta
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Roasted Vegetable Ravioli in Tomato and Basil sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Hot Chocolate Recipe for The Perfect Autumn Day
You’ve eaten and your perfect Autumn day is nearly at an end but something is missing? Here is an amazing slow cooker hot chocolate recipe that is absolutely autumn perfection.
- Add Milk, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder/ Hot Chocolate Powder and a Teaspoon of cinnamon to your slow cooker.
- Turn it on low and leave it to cook for around an hour and a half. Stirring halfway through to help the chips melt.
- You can use any milk alternative.
- Use the ‘Keep Warm’ function if not needed straight away.
Autumn Movie List
Now, You’ve had your beautiful porridge, enjoyed autumn walks and activities and indulged in some crafts. The Autumn lunch was amazing and so was the rest of your day and now it’s time to unwind fully. Get your hot chocolate and snuggle up under a blanket and enjoy some good watching. Below are 5 great watches for you to enjoy this Autumn but there are plenty of Autumn binge-worthy shows this year.
- Hocus Pocus 2
- House of Dragon
- Cabinet of Curiosities
- Wakanda Forever
Well, there you have it my lovelies. So many ideas on how to make the most of your Autumn 2022. Whether you do it all in a day or over a period of time doesn’t matter but treat yourself and enjoy this beautiful season.
Lots of Love,