Planning the perfect Valentine’s day? From dinner ideas, date ideas and gifts for him and her. It’s all here
It is officially February tomorrow and that means the month of lurve is upon us. There is always such a split opinion on whether Valentine’s is a ‘good’ holiday to celebrate or not? Many think it is just a money grab from companies to make us buy more. A ploy to part us with our hard-earned cash and nothing more. That there isn’t just one day a year to say I love you. Many others see it as a great way to celebrate their relationship and a happy Valentine’s day is more time together. Our lives can be so hectic so it can’t be bad to dedicate one day fully to the person you love. How do you have a happy Valentine’s day? Here are a few ideas for those celebrating but unsure what to plan.
Date Ideas for a Happy Valentine’s Day
At Home Mystery Night
With the pandemic still happening it could be wise to have some at home date ideas up your sleeve. If you’re both mystery lovers then this is the perfect idea for you. Puzzle Post have some brilliant puzzles that will make a perfect date night. Posted to you with quick delivery this is such an awesome way to enjoy an evening together.
With a great variety of puzzles to choose from you’ll be sure to have a great evening with your spouse or partner. The variety of difficulties is good depending on your level of mystery-solving skills.
Supermarkets over the years have really stepped up the game in the dating department. Whether it’s parenthood, time, money or physical restraints. There are so many reasons we all have that means a night out isn’t always possible. You can, however, grab a nice supermarket meal deal. Usually picking between the main meal with a starter or dessert. Stick on a favourite movie or even some romantic music and light some candles. The perfect solution for a quick, easy but happy Valentine’s day. Great if you work long shifts, are short on time or are a terrible cook.
Adventure is the Key to a Happy Valentine’s Day
So many of us are looking to broaden our lives and the way we spend them. What better excuse than to Valentine’s day to spend some time doing something new, with the person you love? At buyagift.co.uk they have a huge selection of excellent gifts to give. Focusing on days out, time away, pampering sessions and just fun activities. Being the recipient of such a gift. It is exciting to pick a fun day out and know you’ll have a whole day or even a weekend together doing something you’ve never done before. Not your average Valentine’s date that’s for sure.
Those who are lucky enough to get out for the evening will probably be enjoying some nice food. No cooking, prepping or washing up for you! There are lots of places that will have great deals so why not make the most of it and take advantage. Here are some great deals for Valentine’s 2022.
- Miller & Carter – 3 Courses for £29.95 (14th-18th February)
- Harvester – 2 course meal from set menu £13.99 or £15.99 for a 3 course meal
- Harvester – 2 course meal from set lunch menu £9.99 (please check the Harvester website for full terms and conditions)
Be sure to check your local restaurants for more deals that may be available.
Movies at Home
It is the official night to Netflix and chill so here is a list of 10 great Netflix watches for your Valentine’s viewing.
- The Kissing Booth
- The Notebook
- Resort to Love
- The Twilight Saga
- Notting Hill
- The Break Up
- Emily In Paris
- Eurovision Song Contest – The Story of Fire Saga
Happy Valentine’s Gifts
For some people just carving out a bit of time dedicated to one another is enough. Some people like to really push the boat out but like an excuse to do so. Many people are just old romantics and enjoy spoiling their other half and this is just another reason. If you’re at a loss of what to get here are a few ideas for some great Valentine’s day gifts. There are so many great gift ideas.
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
- Escott – Beautiful, bespoke, handmade jewellery made from gorgeous quality precious gems and stones. Each piece is unique and simply stunning.
- Buyagift.co.uk – Mentioned above as a great date idea due to their variety. This also makes them a great choice for a gift. From relaxing spa days to beauty treatments or afternoon tea. With a huge selection of experiences to offer at a budget to suit you. It won’t dissapoint.
- Lush – If you can’t afford a spa day don’t fear. Why not pop an order into Lush? They usually have a new annual Valentine’s range to choose from. Bring the pamper home with bath bombs, bubble bath and so much more.
- Perfume – If you know your partner loves a signature scent or is wanting a new bottle, grab one. It’s always nice to receive a nice bottle of perfume. If you’re unsure what to get why not take note of what they wear and mention it when shopping. The assistant will be sure to help you select something similar so you know they will like it.
- Revolution Beauty – They always have amazing beauty gift sets at really affordable prices. Whether your partner loves makeup or skin care. There will be a set for set that is perfect for them and there are lots of really nice ranges to choose from.
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
- Trend Him – For the fashionable men in your life. Fun, smart and affordable accessories that make great gifts. Whether you’re looking for a watch or even a new piece of jewellery. You’ll find what you need here.
- Not On The Highstreet – A great range of gifts that a perfect for any age, hobby or humour. If your partner games, loves sports, fashion, gardening or even cars. The choice of gifts are endless.
- I Want One of Those – Although very similar to Not on the Highstreet they do offer a different variety of gifts. Why not treat him to something he really wants.
- Buyagift.co.uk – It may have perfect picks for the ladies but there is plenty left for the guys. If he loves sports why not treat him to a stadium tour of his favourite team? Maybe he’s a little bit of a dare devil or loves super cars? There are days out for every hobby he may have.
- Aftershave/Cologne – Men love to have a good scent to hand and some men still wear it daily. Why not stock up for your man? You can always find great deals in Boots, Superdrug or The Perfume shop.
Well, there you have it loves the perfect, happy Valentine’s day. From a great date to good food to enjoy and all the way through to perfect gift. Do you celebrate Valentine’s? Do you want more V day ideas? What’s your favourite way to enjoy it? We like dinner together and a good movie. Simple but effective and we make a point of no tech. Maybe you don’t even celebrate? Let us know in the comments below.
Lots of Love,