30 self-care ideas to make 2022 your year. It starts with some self love.
The words self-care are used so often now they almost become drowned out or diluted. Self-care is a term used everywhere right now but why? What does it mean and what does it mean for you? Today let’s share some amazing self-care ideas for a better 2022 and hopefully beyond.
What is Self-Care?
Self-care is not just facemasks on a Sunday and lighting a few candles, although it’s not a bad place to start. There is also no right or wrong way to practice self-care. It’s what works best for you. It is taking conscious moments for your mind, body and soul on a daily basis. Leading to taking better care of yourself whether mentally or physically. With what we have all been through the past couple of years and are still having to cope with. A few extra self-care ideas will not go a miss.
This can be achieved in a million and one ways but after reflecting you’ll know what will work best for you. It could be something as simple as the following. Drinking more water or taking a moment in the day to take a quiet moment to breathe. Whatever it is you deserve to take better care of yourself for 2022 as we are all guilty of passive self-neglect sometimes. Let’s not continue that through this new year.
Why Should I Practice Self-Care?
We live in such a hectic world with so much going on. Women are supposed to have and do it all. Have a career, be mothers, partners, wives, caretakers, nurses, chauffeurs, chef’s, beauty queens with the body of a goddess. I’ve enjoyed many mum ‘me’ moments.The list is endless. Men must be “men” but also be what and who they want. They must be strong, compassionate and in touch with their emotion. Great fathers husbands and breadwinners. Amongst another endless list of perfection! The truth of the matter is you don’t need to be any of those and it’s nice to take a moment off the pressures.
Self-care is the idea of making choices that are beneficial for your well-being. It is very easy to overlook oneself when prioritising our daily tasks and it’s not healthy. It can lead to feeling burnt out and uncared for so where better to start than yourself! Take the pressure off and enjoy a moment just for yourself and see the benefits.
30 Self-Care Ideas
- Have a bath or shower, wash away a bad day, clean body and mind.
- Have a hot tea.
- Drink more water, stay hydrated.
- Curl up in a cosy blanket.
- Listen to your favourite song.
- Take deep breaths for 60 seconds every morning to clear your mind for the day ahead.
- Take deep breaths for 60 seconds each evening to clear your mind for restful sleep.
- Read a new book or your favourite book.
- Paint or draw.
- Hit the gym, dance, stretch, just move your body.
- Recite positive mantra’s to yourself.
- Enjoy a healthy meal.
- Make healthier changes to your favourite meals.
- Take a moment to acknowledge how your feeling.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Allow for mistakes in your life.
- Take a walk.
- Talk to friend or loved one.
- Pamper yourself.
- Buy some fresh flowers.
- Declutter your space.
- Do a digital detox.
- Start a journal or update your schedule.
- Make sure to get a good nights sleep.
- Enjoy a sunset or sunrise.
- Go somewhere new.
- Make a to-do list including your self-care item.
- Take 5 minutes alone.
- Create a routine for yourself.
- Show yourself love because you really are awesome!
Self-care ideas to last you a lifetime you little lovelies! You could pick only one item off this list to practice and that is still great. As stated, it is the idea of taking small moments to acknowledge your own personal wellbeing. Helping take some of the modern-day stresses, that accompany the high-stress world we live in, away. Take time to listen to your body and mind. Do you practice self-care? What is your favourite self-care tips? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out the Facebook page for all Tahnee’s Blog updates.
Lots of Love,