Perfect Freaky food for the whole family
Spooky Pizza Bites and Mummified Potato
Hello my beauties and how are you all?? I hope you’re well and enjoying the Autumn transition. The leaves are crisping and turning red. The weather is more cold and crisp and frost is showing it a face. Also Halloween is this week!!! OFFICIALLY AUTUMN.
Today’s post is one I do every year and it’s the kids spooky Halloween dinner. So if you like tricking or treating the kids with fun food this post is for you. This year I made a simple meal with the pizza shapes being a Facebook inspiration for myself. With mummified jacket potatoes and ‘worms’.
I love getting creative at Halloween especially with food as there are so many ways to get creative. In the past I have created severed fingers . Which went down a treat! Also you can check out my Exploding finger hotdogs and jack o lanterns (pictured above)as well.
However on with today’s spooky treat which is easy and simple to make but with awesome results.
You Will Need
A Halloween Mould
Ready rolled Pizza Dough (or have a go at making your own).
A whole potato per person
strips of pizza dough
1 tin of spaghetti
Now you have everything you need to create your spooky supper for Halloween.
- Preheat your oven to 200°
- Roll out your dough and slice enough squares to cover your shapes and leave some strips at one end.
- Fill your shapes with the dough. Making sure to push the dough into the moulds to get the shapes fully. Leaving a flap on top to cover over once filled.
- Add your tomato sauce.
- Add cheese
- Add pepperoni
- Fold the pastry over the top
- Place on a baking tray.
An added tip here is not to add to much pastry to the bottom of the mould. That is why mine look like they could use 5 more minutes.
- Pre bake your potatoes earlier in the day as it makes this process much faster.
- Fry some bacon to your preferred crispness and break up into small pieces.
- Scoop out the middle of the potato and add a drop of milk and the bacon.
- Add this back into the potato skins and add cheese.
- Then take your pizza dough strips and bandage up the potato.
- Add this to your tray.
You want to bake this in the oven for around 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it as the pastry really doesn’t take long to cook. Whilst they’re cooking get your ‘worms’ in a pan and heat.
Once that’s all done you can enjoy your gruesome feast. Why not pop on a Halloween movie and you’re set. You could also make some Halloween crafts and really make a day of it.
However you spend your Autumn break I hope you have fun, keep safe and enjoy.
Lots of Love