Let take you to unicorn heaven this Easter…….
Again, I find myself starting this post with an apology. The house has been full of illness and as Mum, I have been in charge of head kisses, fluids and vomit duty! FUN! It does mean however I have been very quiet both on the blog and on my social media accounts. Hopefully, I should be back on track by the end of the week! But today we are talking Easter treats and Unicorn food.
This is a sprinkle-tastic Easter treat for you to make at home. This is a simple Unicorn cheesecake, Unicorn milkshake and some super cute Unicorn biscuits to top it off. YAY UNICORN FOOD! I know Easter is usually all eggs, bunnies and chicks but I wanted something a little different. So, if like me, you’re looking for something a little different to the usual, or you just love Unicorns, this is for you.
x4 Packets of Strawberry whip dessert,
Unicorn decorations, (I got mine from Sainsbury’s)
- Start by lining your baking tin with some greaseproof paper.
- Next, you want to crush the cookies in a bowl until they are all crumbs.
- Melt about 100g of butter in a pan and add slowly to biscuits. Mixing well to make sure all the butter is absorbed by the biscuit.
- Add this to your tin and set in the fridge.
- Now, you want to take one packet of your whip dessert. Make it up but only use 3/4 of the milk required.
- Before it sets add 2 to 3 drops of the colour gel and mix well.
I chose red, yellow, blue, pink (the original colour) and I mixed red and blue for purple.
- Once you have mixed it well just layer it as you wish on top of the biscuit base.
- I also added a little mound in the centre to decorate with star sprinkles and unicorn decorations.
I loved this cheesecake. No bake and so tasty, not to mention it is so quick and easy. The kids loved it too so a win all around.
Thick Shake Milkshake
Strawberry or Vanilla milkshake mix,
- Start by adding ice cream, milkshake mix and 2 drops of your chosen colour gel to your bowl. Mix this together until it is a milkshake mixture (lol). You want a few colours.
- Mix in your milk to make it a milkshake.
- Add the colourful mixed to your glass in layers. Top with cream, sprinkles and your unicorn decorations. Add a crazy straw and you have a perfect Unicorn milkshake.
Really tasty and so easy. Great for washing down your cheesecake.
Plain Flour 300g,
Caster Sugar 140g,
1 Egg yolk,
2 tsp of Vanilla extract,
Large baking tray,
- Start by adding your sugar and butter in a bowl. You want to cream this together until smooth.
- Next, add your 1 egg yolk and your Vanilla extract. Then mix really well. If it becomes a little lumpy just add a tablespoon of flour.
- Once you have mixed the egg yolk in slowly add the flour. Keep mixing until it forms a dough. You may need to give it a good knead at the end just to get the last of the flour mixed in.
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees, 130 for a fan oven. Then line a large baking with greaseproof paper.
- Flour your surface and roll out your dough. Then start cutting out your unicorns. If you find it hard and the dough is sticking in the cutter. Just dip your cutter in some flour before cutting.
- Bake them in the oven for no longer than 15 minutes, I found it was about 12 minutes really so keep an eye. They will still feel soft when you take them out the oven but as they cool they will get firmer. They will also stay a very light colour so you must keep an eye. Then allow them to cool.
- While the biscuits are cooling mix up your icing. I used three tablespoons of icing sugar. Two drops of gel colour and then mixed well with a little water. Add this slowly.
- Pour this onto a plate. Then when your biscuits are fully cooled Just dip them onto the icing. Make sure to coat the whole biscuit and then allow the biscuits to drip off the excess. Then lay them flat to dry.
- To achieve the two-tone colour just mix two colours together on the plate. Then dip and it achieves the beautiful two-toned biscuits.
There you have it my loves. Some easy but tasty Unicorn treats to make with your little ones over the Easter break. Lots of Easter treats to make yourself and enjoy. I am obsessed with the unicorn theme and I hope you love these treats. If you’re looking for more Easter fun check out these cute crafts here.
Have a fabulous Easter my loves and I enjoy your unicorn Easter treats.
Lots of Love
Tahnee xxxSocial Media