Gruesome Grub for your Halloween
Very spooky greetings to you all I hope you are festively frightened and scared! Are you looking for some Halloween food inspiration?
So Halloween is a time to dress up, have fun and maybe even throw a party? My Halloweens now consists of what you see on my blog. Crafts, trick or treating and food! Today is the latter I am bringing to you a gory dish you can serve this Halloween. If you would like to check out my meal from last year you can find it here.
This year I made exploding finger hotdogs, tombstone chips, pumpkin pepper and brain goop. Chocolate cone witches hats for dessert and an amazing Halloween inspired hot chocolate. I hope you enjoy it and feel inspired to create your own monster-pieces.
Halloween Food Gruesome Grub
You Will Need
Orange bell pepper,
Pasta in sauce, spaghetti, beans etc,
- So I started by preheating my oven on 190’C/Gas mark 5 and also putting on a pan of oil ready to fry the potatoes.
- Then you want to start prepping the sausage and the first thing I did was turn them into fingers. Add a nail and the little knuckle lines for detail.
- After this add a hole through your sausage to add the ketchup later.
- Next prep the potatoes. Peel them and slice them into the oval shape they naturally are. Then in half to look like little tombstones. After that then carve a little RIP into it.
- Once the sausages and potatoes are done you can put those onto to start cooking making sure to check them regularly.
- Whilst the other bits are cooking you can now prepare the bell pepper. I chose to keep the stalk on as it added to pumpkin look. Take one pepper and slice in half. Next, take out all the seeds and white bits. Once you have done that you can add your little pumpkin faces. Put these in the oven for the last 10 minutes of cooking time. You could also make little devils with red peppers. Or why not try a Frankenstein or monsters with a green!
- So once all this done and cooking away you want to mash and smush your pasta in sauce or beans etc, making your brain goop. Heat them through ready to serve.
- When the sausages are done you want to fill them with ketchup. I used a diner style bottle to fill mine but you could use a medicine plunger or with the bottle. Just be sure to add it slowly. Then add them to their buns.
That is my loves! Eight simple steps and it’s done but look how great it looks!
I also added some black electrical tape to some glasses to make ‘Pumpkin’ orange juice.
You Will Need
Ice cream cones,
Chocolate, (I got 600g just to be safe lol)
Sweets and decorations,
- The first thing you should do is to put some water in a pan and start to boil. This will be to melt your chocolate later.
- So you want to fill the cones with the mallow fluff using a teaspoon. If you can’t find this product then you can make these without them and you won’t need the biscuits either.
- Add a biscuit to the base.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and place this on top of your boiling pan of water. Keep stirring until melted.
- Take one cone and roll it into the melted chocolate to cover it.
- When the chocolate is nearly set, add your decorations.
So there you have a scarily awesome Halloween Treat.
I also used the leftover melted chocolate and decorations to make Chocolate Apples and some nice sweets.
Halloween Food and Drinks
Finally, as a little bonus, I made some delicious, Halloween inspired hot chocolates. Using only a doughnut and some star sprinkles. These Halloween inspired doughnuts are from Asda.
Well, my lovelies I hope you enjoyed this blog and much as I enjoyed making it! I hope I have inspired you to try your own gruesome creations. If you do be sure to tag my social media so I can see them all!
Do you make a special Halloween treat for your family? Let me know in the comments below and I will speak to you soon. If you want more Halloween goodness you’ll find that here.
Lots of Love,
21 thoughts on “Halloween Food Ideas”
wow nice recipe .. 🙂
Thanks dude!! 🌭🌭🎃🎃
My pleasure 🙂
This is fricking awesome!! 🎃🎃
Thanks chlo 😘
I looove all these ideas! Sausage looks really creepy hahah 🙂 I will definitely try it!
Thank you hun xx
I love the witch hat. It looks delicious. Not much sure about eating the sausage though, it’s very scary 😛
Some interesting and spooky ideas. I bet your kids loved these. You’re so creative Tahnee.
You had me at exploding finger hotdogs! But seriously, these are some cool things here, I love all of them. The witches hats look sooo cool and as for that pumpkin from a bell pepper and tombstone pots, amazing.
Thanks Matt! I love scaring the kids 😂😂 it’s what drives my passion lol 🎃
It’s quite evident that you love Halloween! Your meal and dessert look so fun, especially for the kids!! Love it!
Thanks Lisa x
Ah Tahnee!! Can I pay you to decorate my next birthday party? I’ll have a theme and let you create! Your ideas are so amazing!
I’m planning my own Alice in wonder land party!!! But yes I can do yours to lol x
Great! Next summer in Greece! I’ll have a unicorn theme! 😀
These ideas are so amazingggg 🎃
Thank you so much x
Wow these are really spooky recipes, that look amazing for a Halloween party. The hotdogs looks super scary. Thanks for sharing loves
That is very fun! I don’t have very good knife skills but I love the look of the pumpkin pepper
Super simple to make hun xxx