I was nominated!
So let me start by explaining to those who don’t know what a Sunshine Blogger award is. It’s an award of inspiration given by to bloggers by bloggers. It shows your fellow bloggers you appreciate their hard work, thoughts and blog! That they inspire you in what you do.
I was nominated by wonderful Lisa from MY So-Called Yoga Life. A fantastic site that clearly focuses on yoga but also healthy living and healthy mind. Such a great site full of tips and recipes so be sure you check it out!
As part of the Sunshine Blogger award nomination, I have 10 questions to answer that Lisa has put to me and I’m excited to get started. So here we go!
1. How did you get involved with blogging?
I needed an outlet for my creativity. Having two young children and some physical problems blogging seemed like a perfect place to share things I’ve made, cooked, found, styled.
I also found after having a bit of an identity crisis during my first years of motherhood. It was a fantastic way to find ‘Tahnee’ again. I started it to actually help me with this crisis. I needed that little extra motivation.
2. How do you think your readers would describe your blogging style?
Easy, simple and honest! I only post about products or sites I like and use. I try to keep it simple and to the point, maybe that’s just a UK west country thing (lol). But yeah….
3. Where do you find inspiration for your posts?
Side note, loving these Sunshine Blogger questions. I digress. Anywhere and everywhere. I have always been a very creative person. Making things for my toys. Making handbags or jewellery. Building wooden go-carts that never got finished with friends during the summer. Trying out new makeup styles just to practice or practising a perfect french manicure. I was that kid! However, my passion never went away so I can find inspiration in anything really. I like to read a lot and find I do get a lot of inspo from other bloggers. I might see an outfit that sparks my imagination or a cool little craft project.
4. How has blogging improved your life?
As I said above I started my blog to regain some self-identity again after being sucked into the ‘ground hog day’ cycle being a parent and wife can have. Now I love my family and routine is good for my boys but I needed a little space where I could just Tahnee. Nothing else, with no other name just Tahnee and I, have definitely found that here.
Beyond that, though the people I have met through blogging is just amazing! There are some many I can name, Lisa, who nominated me amongst that number.
It’s such a beautiful thing to see complete strangers support you!
5. What has been the most challenging aspect of having your blog and how do you work on that?
TIME! Being a mum there are some days that just don’t have enough hours in it as there is! I 100% under estimated how much time and effort goes into running a blog. Even a small one like mine. Designing stuff, editing, emails, networking, posting on social media, learning new technical skills, writing posts and so much more! It is fun but it’s not with out hard work.
I deal with this by being organised and planning ahead as best I can. For example, I try to stay a couple of posts ahead of myself. This way if I’m unable to write I have a blog in the wings waiting on standby (lol).
6. What has been the most enjoyable aspect of being in the world of blogging?
Finding amazing products and sharing them with my readers! I can’t stand it when you waste money on something that doesn’t end up ‘doing what it says on the tin’. I like being able to share what a product is really like so people are able to make better-informed decisions when making purchases. There for saving some dosh perfect!
7. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
Mumming! No more no less. I mean I could give the ‘ground hog day’ routine but I’m sure some of you know! I start my day any time from 5 am onwards and I’m up til late! The washing pile never quite seems to disappear no matter how hard I try and I am no good to anyone before my first cuppa!
8. What networking do you do that you feel has benefitted your blog the most?
It would have to be joining blogger pages on facebook where bloggers support bloggers. Also Instagram pods of people who share your interests.
9. What do you think the best thing is that a blogger can give to readers?
Truth, honesty and a laugh every now and then!
10. What is your favourite post on your blog? Why do you like it the best?
This is a hard one! It’s not something I’ve ever thought about until this Sunshine Blogger award. I would have to go with this gruesome dish I made last year for Halloween. Find the recipe here.
So there we have it my lovelies. I would like to thank Lisa again for nominating me for this award and would now like to nominate 5 others for the award. Be sure to check out their blogs and they are,
Here are my 10 questions to you.
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What’s your biggest blogging regret?
- What is the biggest thing you’ve had to work on personally since becoming a blogger?
- How did you initially drive traffic to your blog?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Why did you choose the niche/niches that you did to focus your blog on?
- Have you ever considered giving up blogging?
- What was your first post about?
- If you could change any part of your blogging journey what would it be?
- What’s your top tip for a blogger who is just starting out?
Answer the questions, link to the person who nominated you and nominate more bloggers with your own set of questions. That it!
For all my readers thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my personal blogging journey. A huge thank you for my Sunshine Blogger award.
Lots of Love,