A gorgeous, watermelon summer slush cocktail
So here I have the perfect Summer treat if you’re having a barbeque or a throwing a little Summer party. Using only a few ingredients you can make this perfect watermelon daiquiri slush cocktail.
You Will Need For Watermelon Daiquiri
1 whole watermelon,
2 Limes (1 for decoration),
Soft Light Brown Sugar,
- Start by slicing your watermelon in half and scooping that half out into a bowl.
- Save the watermelon skin as you will use this later. Wrap in cling-film and place in the freezer.
- Mash the scooped out watermelon, cover it and put in the freezer.Now you wait until an hour before you need it and take it out. Defrost at room temperature.
- Once It’s defrosted for an hour you can crush the watermelon with a spoon.
- Add a table spoon of the light brown sugar and stir it in.
- Next, you need to add the juice of one whole lime. Add it straight to the watermelon and give it another good mix.
- Now you will need to get your melon skin and add the gorgeous, watermelon mix to it. Now I suggest doing it this way for one main reason explained next.
- I would allow guests to add their own rum and lemonade as you don’t want your watermelon to prematurely melt. If you really want to though, before adding it to the bowl, add two shots of rum and a pint of lemonade.
- Place sliced watermelon around your bowl.
- Slice limes and smaller slices of watermelon to your glasses for decorations. You could also add a little mint to really finish it off perfectly.
That’s it you’re done! You have a gorgeous, refreshing beverage ready for all those summer soirees. The thing I love most about this is that you can take the rum out and you have a lovely mocktail as well. Great for kids in the hot weather as a cool snack and a cold drink. So a definite winner for those hotter days that are coming.
If you’re loving my double rimmed glasses you can get them here. They’re from Ozeri and can hold HOT and cold drinks! I was gifted mine by Ozeri.
What is your favourite Summer tipple? Do you have any recommendations, if you do please leave them in the comments below and I hope you try this? Perhaps you’re a melon cocktail lover in particular? If you do please tag me on my social media pages as I’d love to see your creations.
Lots of Love,
40 thoughts on “Watermelon Daiquiri”
can i substitute the rum with non alcoholic drink?
Yes you can just use lemonade and no rum 😊😊
These look amazing 😍😍🍉🍉 I want one lol xxx
They really are!! Try one for sure xx
I feel like a bit of a heathen for not liking watermelon, but I find it such an uninspiring fruit! That being said, I am a big fan of fruity cocktails, only strawberry daiquiris are more my style.
I love a strawberry one to lol xx
ooooh I need to try this this summer ! I like the idea of switching to lemonade you let in the comment. Perfect for day and night then !
Great for the kids as Well!!
Oh i love watermelon cooler and this cocktail replacing watermelon cooler would be a great option.
Thanks for sharing the recipe! I personally love Cosmopolitan, that’s my fav drink.
Haven’t had one of those in years! My next cocktail for sure
Watermelon is so refreshing and colourful! This recipe looks divine for summer time! My kids would love the no alcohol version too! Who doesn’t like watermelon?!
I love it! Refreshing snack for you cheeky tipple for me lol x
Refreshing and invigorating. Makes me realize, life can be so easy when you have a glass of one of these in hand and liked the double rimmed glasses too
I’m obsessed with them I have two sets they hold hot drinks as well!!!
YUM!!!! It’s my favorite summer cocktail!! It’s either this or a frozen margarita! 😀
This drink looks yummy and I love how refreshing watermelon is. I make a watermelon margarita too. Love those glasses too.
I love watermelon and I love daiquiris! Can’t wait to try this!
So glad you enjoyed it on paper 😊😊 xxx
Those days I live on watermelon. No alcohol added though.
Just a drop of lemonade is really good
Can I Have one please! 😛
I don’t drink, so I’m going to try without the rum. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!
I don’t drink a lot lol great as a cocktail xxx
So refreshing ..your blog makes me want to start the weekend already !
I will be making this for my summer block party this looks so good.
As a bartender, I have to say that this cocktail looks AWESOME 🙂
Awww thank you feel free to recreate for customers!!! 😉
I love this idea! Looks so refreshing and I’m always up for a good drink 🙂
lol i don’t actually drink much (due to meds) but I occasionally partake. This was so delicious!!
looks delicious. I want one right now.
Sounds delicious! Making this before summer’s over
Ours in the UK already has lol xxx
I am going to make these for sure. This sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
I love a good summer cocktail. I’m big into bourbon right now
Ummm love me some bourbon
Oh that looks so good! I had those double glasses once too, years ago. Didn’t last very long before they broke though 🙁
I have lost one but was my fault. These are pretty sturdy so I’m glad x
Mmm, super tasty! Perfect good times drink.
It makes me miss summer 😭🌞🌞