Pretty, cheap and easy to make desk storage solution
Hello my lovelies how are you all today? I do hope you’re well and thank you so much for stopping by for this super handy DIY desk tidy I am going to show you how to make. Soooooo simple and easy but really cute and most of all helps you keep organised. Especially if like me you don’t have room for a desk. I genuinely have all my blog stuff stacked on a dining chair (out the way and not visible). However, this can be awkward if I’m trying to find something and have to take everything out just find one thing!!
You will Need
Ribbons or Extra decoration optional,
- Cut the cereal box diagonal in half. Making sure to trim any of the flaps from around the top.
- Now to wrap it paper! You can either try to wrap it in one piece! I found this difficult and I had to do the tape loop thing to stick it down in places. Also securing it here and there as I went. I also found it difficult to keep it lined up nicely! However, this finished result was not bad.
- Or you can cut the sides to fit and then stick them on individually which was easier but I don’t feel the finished product would look as nice and smooth as the just one wrap.
- Trim any long ends you may have and fold the paper towards the inside giving it a nice clean edge.
If sticking individual pieces don’t forget to leave a bit to account for this.
- Tape these edges INSIDE your box. I used a present wrapping style to keep it neat.
- Finally, add any decoration if you want to. I used some old parcel tape to make a double bow for one and the other I used a gorgeous red/purple ribbon.
That is it my loves! Now you have some super cute desk tidies that you can totally personalise to suit you! If you have left over wallpaper you could even room match them for the perfect storage solutions!
I also used some leftover paper and an old gravy pot to make a matching pen holder to!
Well, my loves I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s DIY desk tidy blog and if you do gove these a go please do tag me in them using my Social Media pages as I would love to see them! If you’re looking for more DIY crafts I have lots more DIY crafts for you to check out
Lots of Love,