Freshly baked gingerbread, Merry Christmas
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LOVES!!! So the day finally arrived and it is finally December 25th and we are ready to enjoy the day, are you?.
The gifts are ready under the tree and stockings by electric fire (lol) and I am excited to see my little ones open their gifts. The lights are lit and pigs and blankets lay in wait in the fridge to be devoured. Pork slow cooking and Turkey roasting ahhhhh I love Christmas!!! What do we have planned for today’s blog? This is my gift to you today. Perfectly soft and sweet gingerbread anyone? Perfect to make with the run-up to New year.
100g Soft Brown Sugar,
100g Golden Syrup,
1/4 tsp of Salt,
2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda,
1 tsp of Ground Ginger,
1/2 tsp of Cinnamon,
50g of Butter,
Flat baking Tray,
Optional for Decoration
- First place the Sugar, Syrup and Butter in a pan.
- Then put the flour, salt, bi-carb, ginger and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the Syrup, Sugar and Butter together and allow to cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and keep mixing until it makes a dough.
- Nead the dough a little and wrap in clingfilm, leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about the thickness of a £1 piece or about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut your shapes out in the oven for 10 minutes. It will turn golden brown but will still be soft to touch. Give them room to spread on the tray this is VERY important!
- Once golden brown in colour take out and leave to cool!
- Decorate how you wish!
That is it my loves your done! Now get the kettle on make a hot chocolate and sit and relax with the softest most lovely gingerbread you ever tried.
So much better than any shop bought gingerbread and they look so cute. My favourite is the gentleman with braces and a bow tie.
Anyway my loves I hope you have the most truly amazing Christmas ever and I hope you’re able to bring that to someone else also. Spread the Joy right! Let me know what you’re up to over the festive period over on my socials pages.
Merry Christmas my loves!!
Lots of Love!!