Hello, my lovelies and today’s blog is a perfect idea if you’re heading out this weekend with the kids. Great for friends, significant other and any other human being that may enjoy a salad jar. Yes, it’s
Hello, my lovelies and today’s blog is a perfect idea if you’re heading out this weekend with the kids. Great for friends, significant other and any other human being that may enjoy a salad jar. Yes, it’s in the title, salad in a jar. Now I saw this on Facebook or Twitter or some other social media site and thought it was such a good idea. I wanted to share it and so here it is. If you’re looking for other treats I have loads in this link.
Salad Jar Ingredient
Anything you want!!!
It is more about how you stack it over what is in it. For argument’s sake, however, I used the following.
One tin (of dolphin-friendly) Tuna,
One handful of cooked whole wheat pasta,
Salt & Pepper,
- Cook the pasta until soft and wait to cool. I also run mine under a cold tap just to help it along and clean any starch.
- Mix the tuna, mayo and seasoning in a bowl, you could also add spring onion or normal onion here also.
- Slice the cucumber and radish into small slices, I quartered my slices.
- TEAR the lettuce.
- The key is liquids on the bottom so if you had a garnish or a mayonnaise it goes in first.
- Next is something thick so either layered cucumber, tomatoes or radish’ (etc). Or you can opt for pasta (like me) or rice. It needs to be able to create a block. So I put the pasta in next.
- Then vegetables and I had cucumber and radish but I would also use bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, avocado or even raw mushrooms, the list is endless.
- Finally, leaves are last so any lettuce, rocket, spinach are going to go at the top. You could also sprinkle some nuts or seeds on the top.
That is it my lovelies! The possibilities are endless and it so convenient especially for a picnic. I used a Ragu jar I soaked and cleaned and I’m glad I did as this is perfect for busy days when you may not have time to stop as you can eat from the jar. Alternatively, you can tip it in a bowl and the order of everything is still correct. I like you can also make these up the night before as well. Just pop it in your bag and go!
Perfect for picnics as it takes up far less space than a Tupperware tub and would be enough for two people, in my jar anyway, so perfect for sharing.
Lots of Love