So my lovelies as the title may suggest I have a tasty little treat for you today. This salad jar is packed with vitamins and minerals but more importantly flavour. You can make it the
So my lovelies as the title may suggest I have a tasty little treat for you today. This salad jar is packed with vitamins and minerals but more importantly flavour. You can make it the night before work or a busy day and lunch is ready to go. Saving time and effort!
Half a bowl of prawns (shrimp)
One ripe avocado
Mayo (can use light)
Salt & Pepper
Also, feel free to add any salad faves of your own! Get that imagination going and get creative with your salad jar.
- First off wash ALL you salad products and I always wash the prawns.
- Next, add enough mayo to your prawns to cover and add the salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 tsp of paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic flakes, mix really well.
- Next RIP your lettuce, cutting it makes it go soggy and brown quicker. Place this in a bowl.
- Scoop out the avocado and roughly slice. Add to the bowl.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables and add to the bowl.
- Add your prawns and mix well.
This is going to make for a fantastic lunch but here are few facts about prawns and avocado that make this dish a must-have on your lunch menu! Although prawns are high in cholesterol they are low in fat and calories. They are also a good source of vitamin D. This helps calcium, iron and phosphorus absorption. (naturalfoodbenefit original fact source)
Meanwhile, the avocado is just bursting with healthy lovely awesomeness. Here are but a few, BUT A FEW, of its benefits.
- Lots of healthy fats
- Packed with vitamins.
- More potassium than a banana.
- Loaded with fibre (authoritynutrition)
This meal is also very filling as you have the prawns and avocado to build it up a bit. I highly recommend you give it a go and let me know in the comments how you get on and if you liked it.
Also let me know any request you may have as I can have a good go at making it quick and simple for you.
Until next time my lovelies why not pop over to twitter @Tahneeblog and leave me a pic of your creation. You can also click HERE for a whole bunch of delicious treats!
Lots of Love